Welcome to your University of California, Berkeley – Haas School of Business MBA application course.
This is a step-by-step walkthrough for the Haas School of Business’s MBA application. It will take you through every stage of the application process using detailed instructions, example essays, and insider tips.
As we walk through the application process, you will:
- Navigate the Berkeley Haas MBA application portal using detailed analysis at each step.
- Get clarity around the most common applicant questions and concerns.
- Ideate and structure your resume, essays, and recommendations using My Notes from earlier courses.
- Refer to example essays written by successful previous applicants (anonymized for privacy).
- Submit an application that positions you in the best possible way for an admit.
Before starting this school course, you should complete the following courses:
Berkeley Haas asks applicants to answer a unique mix of essays and short answers that reflect its progressive values. Haas has four guiding Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself – which you’ll need to refer to when you write your essays. Your recommender will also be asked a question about these leadership principles, so it’s good practice to learn about them before you start your application. We’ll explore these in The School’s Culture. Haas is also one of the few business schools that includes a mandatory Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion question in the application.
You will be asked to submit a video essay as part of your Haas application. The video essay gives you 20 seconds to prepare and up to 2 minutes to record your answer, and you have a maximum of 2 tries.