Welcome to your Duke University – Fuqua School of Business MBA application course.
This is a step-by-step walkthrough for the Fuqua School of Business’s MBA application. It will take you through every stage of the application process using detailed instructions, example essays, and insider tips.
As we walk through the application process, you will:
- Navigate the Duke Fuqua MBA application portal using detailed analysis at each step.
- Get clarity around the most common applicant questions and concerns.
- Ideate and structure your resume, essays, and recommendations using My Notes from earlier courses.
- Refer to example essays written by successful previous applicants (anonymized for privacy).
- Submit an application that positions you in the best possible way for an admit.
Before starting this school course, you should complete the following courses:
Duke Fuqua is famously known for asking applicants one of the most non-traditional MBA essay questions out there: the 25 Random Things About You essay. This essay uses a fresh, creative approach to getting to know students while also letting them demonstrate their individuality.
While this first essay aims to go beyond the resume and transcript to understand if you will fit the school culture, Fuqua’s essay 2 is more on the nose: what are 3 ways you’ll contribute at Duke? This essay is all about Team Fuqua – the school’s moniker for its collaborative, community-first culture.
If you are a reapplicant, the school offers you the option to replicate or clone your application and recommendation letter from a previous year (2019 and later). You may want to start with your previous application as a foundation, but we strongly recommend refreshing where necessary. Comb through the application to add any updates and use more impactful, recent stories for your essays, if needed. You will also have to answer an additional reapplicant essay question.